Auriesville Pilgrimage 2022
Spearheaded by Fr. Lafitte in 1993, parishioners of nearby missions of the FSSPX have annually gathered at Our Lady of Martyr’s Shrine in Auriesville, New York, to pray and do penance in honor of Sts. Isaac Jogues, Rene Goupil, and John Lalande. The pilgrimage is defined by the fortitude and perseverance of those attending.
While the pilgrimage consists of a ten-mile journey for the faithful, the high school students of Mater Dei Academy, accompanied by several faculty and clergy, start their pilgrimage from Lake George, walking an average of 22 miles each day, and camping at night.
The pilgrimage concludes with a Solemn High Mass at the shrine in thanksgiving for all of the graces earned that day and for the blood spilled in those very woods by the North American Martyrs.
Friday, September 9th
5:00 PM - Holy Mass followed by a Procession through the Holy Ravine
7:30 PM - Campfire Entertainment & Compline
Saturday, September 10th
8:00 AM - Meet at the Shrine
* All cars are to be parked at the Shrine Visitor’s Center parking lot. Pilgrims will be transported to the kick-off site (Lock 10.)
* All lunch coolers are to be left at the Shrine and will be transported directly to the lunch site.
10:00 AM - Introductory Talk at Lock 10 launching the first part of the Pilgrimage
12:30 PM - Lunch Talk
1:00 PM - Begin Afternoon March
* The march will resume from the lunch site directly to the campgrounds, where pilgrims will have a short break before they reassemble and march to the shrine for Holy Mass.
5:00 PM - Solemn High Mass in the Coliseum
7:30- PM - Campfire Entertainment & Compline
* Food trucks will be available on-site for meal purchases after mass.
Sunday, September 11th
9:00 AM - Holy Mass in Shrine Chapel
• Once camping set-up is complete, please move cars directly to designated parking areas to minimize the time of vehicles on the grass. In the event of soft ground or rain, we ask campers not to drive on the grass at all, in order that we may avoid property damage.
• We will have portable facilities and water on site.
• Please park your vehicles at the Shrine Visitor’s Center. On Saturday morning pilgrims will be shuttled to the kick-off site from this location only.
Camping Supplies: tent, sleeping bag, bug repellent, garbage bags, flashlights, wet weather needs, easily prepared food
Pilgrim Supplies: Comfortable clothes and shoes, extra socks, wet weather needs, portable water bottle that can be filled/refilled at the camp and lunch site, (stroller), back-pack or sling pouch, lunch, rosary
Water bottles will be available during the walk as well as portable facilities.
Medical personnel will be interspersed among the pilgrims to help with any need or emergency. The Support Crew will help direct traffic and maintain peace.
The pilgrimage will follow a paved bike trail for the most part. Only a few intersections and roads will have to be crossed.
A go-cart drives alongside the pilgrims to help anyone in need.
During the march, pilgrims walk in sectors divided by parish. The rosary, songs, and meditations are led by a designated parishioner or priest. In between each sector walks a priest available for hearing confessions.
Lunches should be packed in a portable container which will be left at the kick-off site and transported to the lunch site and the Shrine by the Support Crew.
Our Lady of Martyr’s Shrine (Coliseum, Camping, Parking)
136 Shrine Road, Amsterdam, NY 12010
Yankee Hill (Lock 28)
Near 669 Queen Anne St. / Smith Rd. Amsterdam, NY
*Googlemaps - use Amsterdam, NY 12010
*Mapquest - use Fultonville, NY 12072