In response to the COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) pandemic, Fr. Jurgen Wegner, the District Superior of the U.S. District of the Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX), is launching a Rosary Crusade for relief from this affliction and for all of the souls who have been affected by it.
This Rosary Crusade, which will run from Sunday, April 26, 2020 (“Good Shepherd” Sunday) until the Feast of the Assumption on August 15, 2020, is being called in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Read Fr. Wegner's Letter "Salve Regina, Mater Misericordia, Vita, Dulcedo et Spes Nostra, Salve"
The intentions of this Crusade are as follows:
- To implore the Blessed Virgin Mary for relief from the Coronavirus pandemic.
- To ask Our Lord to grant mercy to those souls afflicted by the virus, including protection for medical personnel and other first responders.
- To ensure the protection and growth in holiness of the SSPX’s bishops, priests, brothers, sisters, oblates, seminarians, Third Order members, and all the faithful who attend their chapels.
- To beg for an increase of faith, hope, and charity in these times of trials.
- To strengthen the Church in the face of this affliction and for a return to Tradition.
- For a greater spread and love of the traditional liturgy, especially for those currently deprived of it.
As he launches this new Rosary Crusade, Fr. Wegner also encourages all the participants to prepare a personal consecration to the Blessed Mother to be made or renew at the end. According to the Tradition of the Church and the many requests from heaven, there is no more secure means of salvation than a personal consecration to Mary. More information and material for the preparation will be offered along with the Rosary Crusade.
In the next week, the U.S. District will make a booklet with tally sheets available and provide instructions on how they can be submitted. The first tally sheet for April & May and the information on how to send them is here:
This invitation to join the Rosary Crusade is extended to all souls of good will, wherever you live. Please assist this spiritual effort by informing your family and friends so that this Rosary Crusade will be the most successful one yet. May Our Lady, being better known and honored, bring many more souls to the glory of the Trinity!